Paralegals (commercial, corporate, estate planning, and litigation) and Legal Assistants (business and litigation).
Accounting, Information Systems, Law Librarian, General Services, Human Resources, and Marketing.
In each position, we're looking for skilled, professional, and knowledgeable people with a "can-do," team-oriented attitude. Hard work, combined with a "client first" mentality, is a staple at Lukins & Annis - and it's the first thing we look for during the hiring process.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS: Overflow Legal Assistant
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This non-exempt position provides administrative support to attorneys and other legal assistants within the Firm. Litigation Legal Assistant-Overflow will work closely with assigned litigation attorneys and assistants, performing administrative duties and assisting in some legal tasks.
1. Provides administrative support by timely producing, from transcription or draft, legal documents, correspondence and forms; proof reading, revising and finalizing documents; and photocopying and scanning materials. May draft standard documents, correspondence, memoranda and other documents at the direction of attorney.
2. Provides client assistance by answering phones, taking messages, providing information regarding the status and progress of the client's case/matter, and receiving clients and visitors.
3. Ensures efficient receipt and delivery of mail, faxes, and documents by opening, date stamping and distributing incoming mail/faxes; by sending out or ensuring timely service/filing of mail and documents via the mail or by arranging for special delivery service; follows up as necessary to make sure of timely delivery.
4. Maintains client files, ensuring organization and completeness.
5. May assist attorneys in coordinating discovery.
6. Instructs General Services Clerks regarding documents to be filed or delivered.
7. Electronically filing documents in various courts.
8. Maintains a current working knowledge of court rules and federal, state, and local statutes and codes as applicable.
9. Communicates by telephone with court staff, clients, opposing parties, attorneys, health care providers, governmental entities, and others.
10. Assists litigation attorneys in time management by maintaining calendar, task and deadline reminders using Firm's calendaring system; schedules and coordinates appointments, as needed; arranges for conference rooms for meetings; sets up multi-person phone conferences; may make travel arrangements for attorneys.
11. Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of one year litigation legal assistant experience is highly desired; administrative assistant experience may be satisfactory, if accompanied by legal knowledge. Legal assistant coursework is desirable and may substitute for some experience.
If you are interested in beginning or continuing your legal career with Lukins & Annis at one of our offices, please contact us at:
LUKINS & ANNIS, P.S.
717 West Sprague Avenue, Suite 1600
Spokane, WA 99201
Attn: Human Resources